Wednesday, May 11, 2005

1 Year Anniversary

anniversaryLost Bands of the New Wave Era is one year old and I have found the past year very rewarding. Readers have introduced me to great artists I had never heard before and I know that I have returned the favor. I've conversed with artists whose music has meant a lot to me. I've made new friends and got back in touch with old ones. The first band I posted was New Jersey's The Modulators and as a result of that post I was invited to a block party at one of the band member's houses where the band gets together every year and plays. It was great hearing the band and their songs took me back to all those nights they played at The Dirt Club in Bloomfield, NJ. To mark my one year anniversary here's the title song off the Modualtors nine song E.P. "Tomorrow's Coming" (1984, Vintage Vinyl). It's an ironic title since for many of the bands I posted this past year, tomorrow never came.

Go to the download page to get the Modulators - "Tomorrow's Coming"

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a portuguese reader of Lost Bands...
Happy Birthday!

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great song. Is it supposed to end that suddenly?

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the anniversary, and thanks for making my iPod that much cooler!

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary! I came on board about half way through the year and have enjoyed your site greatly!

9:15 AM  
Blogger [João M. Gonçalves] said...

Many happy returns and thank you for all the great music.
Keep up the excellent work.

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy anniversary! I appreciate your work here....

5:21 AM  
Blogger Dumbek said...

Happy Anniversary!

10:01 AM  
Blogger EJ said...

Happy Anniversary to you! I thought this would be a great opportunity to let you know that one of the bands you and I mutually love, Polyrock, now have a MySpace page. I hope it gets more people to check them out -- http://myspace.com/polyrock is the address. Keep the faith.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Eric XXL said...

Happy Anniversary. LBOTNWE was one of the first to link me up, for which I'm grateful. Always an interesting read, one year in

2:10 PM  
Blogger 20jazzfunkgreats said...

Woo and a yay and a happy anniversary!

Thank you for making my walkman much cooler and my list of 'wanted' 2nd hand records much longer and far more difficult to find.

Love as always
20jazzfunkstuart

5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home