Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Mod Fun

Mod FunIn 1983 three highschoolers in New Jersey heard "This is the Modern World" by The Jam and Mod Fun was born. Upon graduating high school in 1984, the band moved to California & was welcomed into the Mod Scene. Mod Fun released two singles, "I Am With You" and "Mary Goes Round" (New, 1984), an EP "Hanging Round" on Making Tyme! Records which was co-produced by Ron Rimsite of 99th Floor Fanzine fame, and two Albums, "Dorothy's Dream" and "90 Wardour Street" on Midnight Records. They toured the U.S. three times and after a European tour called it quits in 1987.

The CD collection "Past Forward" was released by GET HIP in 1995 and was reissued in 2004. It contains most of their recorded output including some UK-only tracks that first appeared on the Hi Lo Records LP "American Heart and Soul" and were remixed for their debut on cd. Also included on the 20-track collection is unreleased material produced by legendary rock scribe Jim DeRogatis and many vinyl-only tracks from Mod Fun's original three 7-inchers & two 12-inchers. You can buy it here.

Mod Fun are back in New Jersey playing and recording together. Watch their website for details

Mod Fun were/are:
Mick London - guitar and vocals
Chris Collins - drums and vocals
Bob Strete - bass and vocals

Thanks to Mick for allowing me to post his music.

Go to the download page to get Mod Fun - "I Am With You" mp3 here

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Linked you to my site...

Check out my mp3 blog!

1:42 PM  
Blogger marathonpacks said...

I've got a great track from a lost Indiana new wave band--Dancing Cigarettes--here:

http://marathonpacks.blogspot.com/2005/09/dancing-cigarettes-pop-doormat.html

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mick, I am friends with Tony Fletcher of ijamming....author of the Keith Moon book, etc. I was fishing around his site and saw Mod Fun. Don't I have some great early demos of you guys that I did with my 4-track in Dover,New Jersey. Yeah, I do somewhere!!! I would love to get my hands on your compilation. My wife and I still play and have a band. Visit us at www.lauriejones.org

My email is sdpsu93@verizon.net if you get this.

stay young!!!

steve

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site! I was just thinking of Mod Fun and listening to "Past Forward" on my laptop so I Googled "mod fun" and found you. I first heard the band in January of 1986 when Jim Testa of Jersey Beat sent me their "Hangin' round" 7" and I've been hooked ever since.
Chris
cfrancz1966@yahoo.com

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mod Fun did not move to California. They played there twice, but remained firmly based in NJ.

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home